5 Ways to Stimulate Your Brain.
If you are having trouble remembering simple things as you age, it may be time to stimulate your brain. Here are some basic strategies you can use to begin strengthing your brain.
1. Drink Coffee or Tea. Did you know that drinking caffine in moderation can stimulate the brain, increase your thinking and improve your focus?
2. Get Back to Nature. Did you know that a simple walk in the park can help to boost your brain power? Whether feeling the sunshine or a cool breeze, Listening or responding to the sounds, sights, and smells of our surroundings causes us to use the sensory parts of our brain.
3. Music and Singing. Who knew that listening to music on your way to work or during a workout, and singing in the shower or in your church choir are ways to improve brain health. Listening to music stimulates the right side of the brain, while learning new lyrics challenges the brain to make new connections, thus increasing your problem solving capability.
4. Say Yes to Antioxidants! Antioxidants protect your brain cells from free radicals. So the next time you are at the market, pick up some of these foods that can help your brain fight back. Some of the foods highest in antioxidants include: prunes, raisins, blueberries, apples, blackberries, garlic, kale, cranberries, strawberries, spinach, and raspberries. Also, don't forget the green tea.
When we socialize it causes our brain to recall memories, engage in problem solving and anticipate and consider options. Now add in a glass of red wine which is high in antioxidants, and you have a potential combination for boosting your brain health. So, take time for friends and family and enjoy a great meal with a little red wine and this small change can have a big impact to strengthen your gray matter.
5. Have Wine At Dinner With Friends
Did you know that social interactions and stimulating conversations can boost brain power?